2.5 lbs pasture-raised pork shoulder
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 oranges, juice and zest
1 tbsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. avocado oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Cilantro, for garnish
1. Pat your pork shoulder dry and rub in salt, pepper, oregano and cumin.
2. Place shoulder, fat side up, in the Instant Pot for a slow cook of 4 hours. Add in onion, jalapeño, garlic and juice of one orange on top, cover and seal. (if using a slow cooker, cook on low for 8 hours.)
3. In a large skillet, add in shredded pork and a small amount of juice from the Instant Pot, and cook on medium-high heat until it begins to brown and caramelize. You may have to do this in two or three smaller batches. You will want the pork crispy, so don't be afraid to let some pieces slightly burn.
4. While pork is cooking, add in vinegar, 1/2 orange juice and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a medium-low and add in coconut sugar, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Let reduce for 5-7 minutes or until it coats the pan when swirled. Remove from heat.
5. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with cilantro and drizzle on balsamic glaze to serve. Enjoy!