A social-media friend of mine created this delicious recipe, and I couldn't wait to share it with you guys. Her name is Rheanna, and her handle is @healthie_hippie for those of you who want to follow along her journey and get more amazing recipes like this one! I ended up using Bob's Red Mill Paleo Flour for the recipe because that's all I had handy, but her's call for almond flour. I'll put directions for both.
Ingredients: For the cookies
2 cups almond flour
1/8 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar, divided into 1/4 cups
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 large egg, whisked
2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients: For the chocolate coating
3 tbsp. coconut oil
8 oz. chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life
1 tsp. peppermint oil or 2-3 tsp. peppermint extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together almond flour, cacao powder, 1/4 cup coconut sugar and baking soda. Once combined, add in egg, coconut oil, vanilla and left over coconut sugar. Mix well.
3. Put two sheets of parchment paper out and roll out dough in between them until thinned, about 1/8 inch.
4. Cut out 1-2 inch rounds (I used the 1/4 cup upside down) and place on your prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until cookies are firm to the touch. This makes them crispy and crunchy.
5. While the cookies are cooling, prepare your coating by melting your chocolate and coconut oil in a double broiler. For a makeshift one, simply put water in the bottom of a large pan and place a smaller pan inside where you'll put your ingredients. Stir often to make sure your chocolate doesn't burn.
6. Once melted, remove from heat and add in peppermint oil or extract and mix well.
7. Dip each cookie into melted chocolate, let drip and then place on a parchment paper. You can use a fork to dip and drain the cookies.
8. Place in freezer or fridge to set and enjoy after 30 minutes to one hour!